The naturalization process is a complex endeavor for every person dreaming to be a citizen. Becoming a citizen grants the rights and benefits enjoyed by the natural-born residents, thus, having the similar privileges they have makes all the worries and difficulties worth it. There are complex and difficult processes that you have to follow and undergo for this particular endeavor. Taking into consideration the specific rules and regulations of the Naturalization process is not a relaxing experience. However, when you follow the following the instructions and guide to naturalization process below, becoming a citizen won’t ever be far from your hands. Understanding and comprehending the processes, procedures, and laws of the country is a very important aspect of a successful naturalization application. Before proceeding with the decision to become a legal citizen, you have to meet many requirements and qualifications to have your application acknowledged and accepted by the state or the government.
This article contains a good read and some insights that will give you ideas and genuine comprehensive explanations about meeting the eligibility requirements. You may also find some points for reviewing and checking your qualifications along with exceptions for the naturalization endeavor.
Immigrants and temporary residents who want to acquire citizenship or the legal rights, benefits, and privileges of a natural-born citizen are possible through Naturalization. The steps of the Naturalization process can be done in various procedures depending on your civil attributes, eligibility, and qualifications as a foreigner. This article is for people who seek guidance and support in applying for Naturalization. You can find in this article complete information about the requirements, steps, and details on how to comply with every criterion in acquiring citizenship. See the steps of the application below:
- The initial step to do is to check the documents you have on hand like temporary residency, work permit, etc. Then check the eligibility and requirements that you have to meet before taking the next step.
- Determine your present eligibility or refer to the naturalization eligibility worksheet, and understand if you can proceed to apply for naturalization.
- For the next step, prepare Form N-400 (Application for Naturalization) and comply with other requirements. Refer to this checklist for the required documents.
- You can already submit your Form N-400 together with the application fees. The agency will send you a receipt notice afterward.
- For the biometrics requirement, the agency will send you an appointment. Arrive on time for your scheduled biometrics at the designated office to have your biometrics taken.
- After taking the preliminary processes, you will be scheduled for an interview upon completing the naturalization process. Bring with you the appointment notice and report to the designated office on time at the time and date of the appointment.
- After a period of waiting, you will receive a mail of the decision from the government relevant to your application. The decision can be Granted, Continued, or Denied.
- If your application is approved or Granted by the government agency, you may participate in a naturalization ceremony. It can be done on the same day as your interview.
- Complete Form N-445 or the Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony and it will be checked by the government agency officers. After the process, you will receive your Permanent Resident Card or the Green Card then you can already take the Oath of Allegiance for citizenship during your naturalization ceremony.
- Be a responsible citizen by understanding the rights and responsibilities together with the laws, obligations, and rules of the country.
To find more information on the naturalization processes and acquiring citizenship, click on this link.